Promoting Tech: Making the Technical Accessible
There is a big divide those who ‘speak tech’ and those who don’t. It’s up to marketing to bridge that gap. But how do you communicate a complex proposition to a potential client who doesn’t get how your product works? And if you don’t have a tech background yourself, how do you extract the information you need from internal experts?
In this training session, we shift the emphasis away from the specs towards the benefits. Marketing tech is about pitching your product at the right level. You will explore what your clients need to know to make a purchasing decision and work out how your internal experts can support you in providing that information. This session allows marketing professionals to spread the word about tech products in the right form through the best channel.
Who is this training for?
- Internal marketing managers and team members within tech organisations
- Founders and owners of small tech businesses
- Sole traders
What do we cover?
This session will be tailored to the needs of the organisation and the role of the participant(s). This ensures that the training is as relevant and actionable as possible. Typical content includes:
- Getting the brief right
- Topic research
- Gathering information from internal experts
- Audience and competitor research
- Customising level of detail in messaging
- Tailoring tone of voice
- Fact-checking and receiving feedback
What will you learn?
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Confidently promote your organisation’s products and services
- Highlight the benefits your clients can expect
- Choose the right form and channel for your message
- Identify and include key technical specifications
- Tailor levels of technical detail to your target audience
- Work effectively with internal subject experts