Marketing for the Public Sector
Promoting a council’s services isn’t like selling a consumer product, but it still requires a broad range of marketing skills. The public sector demands engagement with a uniquely diverse set of stakeholders, which can be challenging.
This training session is focused on creating exciting, informative content for these audiences, bearing in mind that budgets may be tight. Learn how to write engaging content, reach a wider audience, share assets and ideas across your organisation and improve your use of social media.
Who is this training for?
- Marketing and comms teams within the public sector
- Internal marketing managers
- Communications professionals
What do we cover?
This session will be tailored to the needs of the organisation and the role of the participant(s), so that your time is spent reinforcing key skills. This ensures that the training is as relevant and actionable as possible. Typical content includes:
- Types of content and their uses
- Stakeholder personas
- Tone of voice
- Social media use
- Marketing scheduling tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Mailchimp)
- Measuring engagement
What will you learn?
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Create stakeholder personas
- Recognise the most effective type of content
- Create content that addresses your stakeholders’ concerns
- Identify the best channels for your message
- Evaluate the success of a campaign