Are you aged 16-24, on Universal Credit, and looking for an opportunity to join an ambitious, tight-knit team of creatives?
The Kickstart Scheme is a six-month paid job placement with a local employer for young people aged between 16-24 on Universal Credit, funded by the Government. It provides an opportunity for young people to gain experience in a working environment, developing their knowledge, skills and prepare for their career. To apply for this position, please contact your Jobcentre Work Coach and ask for the exact job title: “Graphic Designer”.
You will work alongside members of our team to create visual collateral to support the marketing activities for Creative Quills and selected clients. You will be asked present creative ideas and develop exciting visual assets to support social media and marketing campaigns. Attention to detail, enthusiasm, and creativity are essential to succeed in this position. As part of your placement with Creative Quills, you will receive ongoing support and training to improve your future career prospects.
During this role, you will be trained to:
- Help plan and collaborate on exciting marketing campaigns
- Contribute to branding and design projects for clients
- Create graphics to support social media output
- Be involved in creative problem-solving sessions
- Develop designs for print and digital assets, including leaflets, brochures, and reports
- Work alongside development partners on web design projects
- Conduct research and analyse trends, websites, tools, and news sources
- Identify opportunities to make connections, or to approach prospective leads
This will be a remote working role, however, attendance to the office will be required at least once per month, in accordance with government guidelines. These office visits will be reserved for team lunches and team building, as well as an opportunity for a face-to-face mentoring session with the company directors.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- An understanding of type layout and content hierarchy
- An eye for impactful design
- A creative and curious mind
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Confidence to share ideas and carry out strategic direction
- Ability to identify opportunities based on information supplied by management
- An eagerness to learn
25 hours per week, flexible working possible
How to apply
Please contact your Jobcentre Work Coach and ask for the exact job title: “Graphic Designer”.
Do not send your application directly to Creative Quills, as we will not be able to process it. However, if you have clarifying questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th May 2021