Are you aged 16-24, on Universal Credit, and looking for an opportunity to join an ambitious, tight-knit team of creatives?
The Kickstart Scheme is a six-month paid job placement with a local employer for young people aged between 16-24 on Universal Credit, funded by the Government. It provides an opportunity for young people to gain experience in a working environment, developing their knowledge, skills and prepare for their career. To apply for this position, please contact your Jobcentre Work Coach and ask for the exact job title: “Content Writer”.
The role will require the candidate to work with members of the Creative Quills team to write and edit written content for clients and our own company. The role will be client-facing on occasion, meaning the candidate will speak directly to clients to understand their requirements. You will be asked to adapt your writing to different media channels; from content for websites, to messaging for social media platforms. To complete these tasks, the candidate will need thorough research and organisation skills. As part of your placement with Creative Quills, you will receive ongoing support and training to improve your future career prospects.
During this role, you will be trained to:
- Create and edit blog posts, social media posts, news articles and website content.
- Assist with content for brochures, award submissions, reports and other marketing material.
- Communicate the brand voice of Creative Quills and selected clients.
- Work alongside the marketing team to build brand awareness for Creative Quills.
- Source and curate links to relevant content.
- Conduct research and analyse trends, websites, tools, and news sources.
- Provide regular updates to the team.
- Identify opportunities to make connections, or to approach prospective leads.
- Monitor industry trends.
The candidate will develop a substantial portfolio of writing samples, will refine their writing skill, and will understand how written content is used in a corporate environment. They will be asked to communicate via email and over the phone with clients, helping them to develop communication skills suitable for the workplace.
This will be a remote working role, however, attendance to the office will be required at least once per month, in accordance with government guidelines. These office visits will be reserved for team lunches and collaborative work, as well as an opportunity for a face-to-face mentoring session with the company directors.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Excellent writer.
- Strong communication skills.
- A high standard of spelling and grammar.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Confidence to share ideas and carry out strategic direction.
- Well organised with a professional demeanour.
- Responsive to feedback.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Attentive to detail.
- An eagerness to learn.
25 hours per week, flexible working possible
How to apply
Please contact your Jobcentre Work Coach and ask for the exact job title: “Content Writer”.
Do not send your application directly to Creative Quills, as we will not be able to process it. However, if you have clarifying questions, you can reach us at email@example.com